If you are a fan of chocolate, you’ll love these! This chocolate crumble bar recipe is lower in calories (contains a lot less sugar) than typical brownie recipes, without comprising on taste. This simple-to-follow recipe includes a mixture of wholemeal and plain flour that creates a crumbly texture. These calorie friendly chocolate crumble bars can be included as part of a flexible diet and enjoyed as a sweet treat. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Yield: 12 bars
Preparation time: 15-20 mins
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
*Nutritional values per bar:
Kcal 148 | Protein 4g | Carbohydrate 21g | Fat 5g
- 150g wholemeal flour
- 100g plain flour
- 100 g maple syrup or brown sugar
- 30g coconut oil (any flavourless oil would be suitable too)
- 150g Greek-style yoghurt
- 200 ml water
- 65g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 180° C.
- Grease a loaf tin with some of the vegetable oil.
- Mix and sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl (except the wholemeal if it is too coarse).
- In a separate bowl, combine together the wet ingredients (water, oil and sugar/syrup).
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, this way, you will ensure an even and homogeneous mix.
- Spoon the mix into the tin, making sure it is evenly distributed throughout.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180o
- Remove from the oven, let cool in the tin for 10 mins. Remove from the tin and cool at room temperature on a plate (ideally a wire rack).
- Cut into bars or your preferred shape.
The chocolate crumble bars can be frozen and kept in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Prudent Dietary Guidelines ____ Successful diets often comprise of a structure in which 80-90% of calories are assigned to whole, minimally processed, nutrient dense foods with 10-20% geared towards moderate indulgence. ____ This flexible strategy is commonly termed 'flexible dieting' but is flexible dieting really a thing? ____ @physiqonomics so eloquently put it "…whatever diet or eating style you choose: As long as YOU decide to eat that way because it's your own personal preference, guess what? You're flexible dieting. It becomes "inflexible" when you eat a certain way you don't enjoy, or can't sustain." ____ When constructing a diet (i.e. the type of food a person consumes), choose an approach that is in-line with your goals, lifestyle and personal preference. ____ Adherence is the make-or-break of any successful diet and REMEMBER energy balance matters. ____ #diet #energybalance #flexibledieting #nutrition #fatloss #weightloss #health #musclegain #nutrition #nutritionist #irishfitness #irishfitfam #ukfitness #ukfitfam #food #prismnutrition